Monday, January 25, 2010

Animal Control Course Puerto Rico


This morning at 4 am I was awake wondering why I signed up for this class in the first place. What was I thinking? Five days of classes from 8:30 am to 5 pm followed by a Saturday summit of people involved with rescueing dogs on the island.

Then I saw Adri, the course organizer, she was electric. As we filed into the class room, I could feel the energy. This is as commited a group of animal lovers as I have ever met. Not every one has the same beliefs, the discussions were quite spirited.

The first day of class went well and quickly. From the moment we started my doubts evaporated. These are my people, even if I don't speak Spanish. Yes, my lack of Spanish is problematic, but I could hear my classmates speaking from the heart and understood.

This is the first Animal Control Course for Puerto Rico. It's good to have a chance to get to know some caring people.

Guess I'd better set the alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment