Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hump Day

It takes a certain type of person to do animal control work. There are moments when I think I can do it, then there are other moments when doubt reigns supreme. I got out of nursing because I could not handle people suffering anymore.

My career in dogs has been great; I fix your dog's problem behavior, you smile and pay me, while thanking me very much because you love your dog. This is a far cry from what I will be doing in animal control. Well ,why worry until I have to make a decision.

The best thing about the course so far has been the people taking it. They are so caring, so committed! I don't always follow the Spanish conversations well, but someone once taught me to listen not to the words, but the music. Some classmates talk like a creshendo, all with passion. I understand enough to know that they have some wonderful skills. I really look forward to working with them and finding my place within the group. The finding a place within the group thing is an extreme rarity for me. You have no idea how rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment