Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Not How to Welcome a Pit Bull


Oh, my God, no! I looked out the window as one of my neighbors poured a bucket of water over her fence on a black pit bull. Holy shit, can you imagine? You've been taken from your home.Your earth shook. You ended up dumped someplace strange on the side of a road. You're in shock. Your blood pressure sky rockets, you lie down, just as you begin to calm down and take a sip of from a water bowl, you’re dowsed with five gallons of water. The black dog stepped into the road to shake it off, when the older lady clapped her hands. 
This dog appears soft, but well fed. He has most probably been dropped off right where he laid. Dogs and cats most frequently remain at the drop off point for a long time, not knowing what to do and so terrified at being up ended like that. Imagine how that feels. And then some asshole pours water on you.
My hope was that when the pit calmed down, he would follow Blondie up the hill. He was so stressed he couldn't see straight when I went down with the water; the water in the bowl for the dog to drink that is.  Anyway, it seemed like a good idea to let the dog get his act together. Who knew?
I had the feeling she would buddy with him. He’s gone, not sure where. When I went to the store, I saw two black pits, so no way to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment